Monday, June 2, 2008

Me and my son's travels in Romania, Bulgaria & Istanbul


All right. Finally I'm on the road again! After the long, harsh, dark and cold winter in Finland...

I'm no different that any other Finn on this point: we wake up to life again, open up and become more sociable and cheerful when the sun finally shows up. The weather in Finland is acctually great for the moment(1.6.2008): +20 degree celcius or so, sunny and very fresh and green. Still this is when my (long) summer holiday as a teacher starts, which give me the opportunity to do one of my favourite things: travel!

This summer I'm in good company: with my 17 year old son.
We are backpacking around in Romania. Bulgaria and Turkey/Istanbul.

Just like before we stay at nice little youth hostels but also with local people at our destinations. This is possible through the very useful internet organisations of: Coach surfing http://www.couchsurfing.com/ and Hospitality club:
hospitalityclub.org

Now we just arrived at our first destination: Bucharest, Romania.

No comments: