Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bulgaria: Nice foods


Raki (schnapps) to the entries

Mixed grılled

Bulgarian moussaka
Soups






What is Bulgarian food like?



Stuffed peppers and sallads



In Finland many of us know Bulgaria (as a country...) partly because of the Bulgarian youghurt from the supermarkets :) So as I arrived in Bulgaria I was curious about what the real youghurt was like. And as a friend of good food I'm always up for tasting the local specialities!

The Bulgarian food is an interesting mixture of southeastern European cousine with obvious influence from Greece, Turkey, Italy, Hungary and other Mediterranean countries. What interests me most wherever I go is not only the type of ingredients used (that might be strange to me) but also how they are used and combined! Each time I get home again I try to do it all myself. And practically I realize I might have used those same ingredients for years in my own cooking at home not coming to think of those exciting, good tasting and decoratıve ways to use and combine them! Many times the food ideas are the best souvenirs from my travels. They wil lıight up my ordinary life in between and will live with me the longest. Hopefully they sometimes lights up my family's appetite as well.


My favourite dishes from Bulgaria:

- the Bulgarian moussaka!
- Shopska salad (made of tomato, pealed peppers, fresh cucumber, red onion, dressing and white cheese: serene that reminds of the feta cheese we have in Finland)
- Sarmi (the stuffed and rolled cabbage or wine leaves)
- Popa (a sweat but healthy breakfast drink made of cearials)
Cheers to our host (from Hospitality club) Svetla & her nice kids for introducing us the the great Bulgarian foods!

2 comments:

Gunilla said...

Vilket trevligt inlägg. Man blir hungrig. Här hemma gjorde jag en ny röra som Mirre önskat sig. En avokade-romröra ur boken Salsa och dip Röriga såser och tillbehör. Vi blev alla förtjusta. Den passade bra med sesamknäckebröd och fisk.

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a precise explanation of the issues.
It was really informative. Your site is very useful. Thank you for sharing!



Also visit my web page surgical negligence